Poll

Should Alienmen1.j2 be unbanned?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Alienmen1.j2 Unban Application (again)  (Read 6242 times)

February 05, 2014, 01:05:44 PM
Sink
Donator
November 2012
195 Posts
Ok, well before this entire thread derails, I'd like to share my opinion.
While my time on the server is limited compared to most, if not all posters in this thread, I feel my distance and experiences might define the issue at hand for both sides of the argument.

The times I've witnessed Alienman's behavior and attitude include after his 2nd perma, and before his third (current) one, including BEFORE Kingsler got perma'd for good.  He didn't cause problems, and would be respectful to you if you showed him a strong sense of decency and kindness.  He's not breaking the rules, but he is what I would call a Catalyst. :quote:  If even the slightest thing unfair affects him (eg, RDM, prejudice for being french canadian, false KOSing and being teamed up on, etc.), he would make it EVERYONE'S problem, be extremely vocal about how he's being victimized, to the point that it gets annoying(despite being true), and generates a desire in others to try to make him ragequit instead of resolving a problem justly and fairly.  I've had to remind him after Kingsler got perma'd to stop bragging about it, which isn't something somebody should EVER brag about.   That catalyst behavior is why I tended to not play on the server when he was online; not because he would RDM or break rules, but because I really don't want to listen to his gripes and woes.

That is the crossroads that the managers need to decide at the end of this appeal.  A gaming community is only as strong as the "fun" it brings to its members, as those that are not tend to lose players and die out.  the point of weeding out toxic players for behavior and attitude should be based on how that player affects everyone else's "fun."  Please note that this is not a statement that is in defense of those that bullied and harrased Alienman for stupid reasons. I don't tolerate cyberbulling in any form, but I'm speaking for the potential players that haven't found devolved yet and don't want to be part of this drama.

Take the red pill.  By lifting his ban you make the legally "just" decision as he didn't technically break rules other than his attitude, which could be excusable because he was the target of collective bullying. However it runs the risk of causing dissent from newer players because of his "catalyst" nature.

Or take the blue pill. He stays banned for the sake of a slightly less volatile community, so other issues and focuses can be addressed. This comes at the consequence of the staff's integrity and conscience, and can be used against them to think they ban subjectively instead of objectively.

Let me go on record that I could care less what decision is reached. I just want to make the staff and Alienman aware of what each path results in.
Karmic out.

This is a really good way of summing it up.
  • Agree  Disagree  Informative  Useful  Funny  Winner  Friendly  Artful  Late  Dumb
     Friendly Friendly x 1    Dumb Dumb x 4    (list)
February 05, 2014, 02:32:12 PM
Will
Gold Member
ROBBY GOD TIER
May 2013
2017 Posts
Karmic, you make me wet every time you post. First person since GhOsT1321.
  • Agree  Disagree  Informative  Useful  Funny  Winner  Friendly  Artful  Late  Dumb
     Informative Informative x 2    Friendly Friendly x 1    (list)
February 05, 2014, 06:52:16 PM
ALL LOWERCASE
GODLIKE
December 2012
1350 Posts
You know, Alienman could just make another account an play with family share.
     Agree Agree x 2    (list)
February 05, 2014, 09:46:52 PM
Alien
Gold Member
GODLIKE
February 2013
1058 Posts
That wouldn't work (Kingsler tried that like 2 or 3 time and they all got permaed by KoD)

And For Karmic's summing up of the situation, Its true, but I rarely have problems with newer players, its generally the oldest members that causes problem or the younger one (of age)
     Disagree Disagree x 2    (list)
February 05, 2014, 10:09:15 PM
Trelvick
ROBBY GOD TIER
March 2013
2017 Posts
That wouldn't work (Kingsler tried that like 2 or 3 time and they all got permaed by KoD)

And For Karmic's summing up of the situation, Its true, but I rarely have problems with newer players, its generally the oldest members that causes problem or the younger one (of age)

Thomas Stark = Kingsler = Panda pancakes, which for some unknown reason is allowed on the server with little to no consequence despite toxic behavior.
     Disagree Disagree x 1    (list)
February 05, 2014, 10:28:13 PM
DumbRow
Gold Member
Elitist
June 2013
710 Posts

Thomas Stark = Kingsler = Panda pancakes, which for some unknown reason is allowed on the server with little to no consequence despite toxic behavior.
He is allowed as long as he shapes up. So If you have problems with him, get evidence and complain or else he wont be banned again

Quote from: ^3Options
I always suspect the blacks
February 05, 2014, 10:33:28 PM
Trelvick
ROBBY GOD TIER
March 2013
2017 Posts

He is allowed as long as he shapes up. So If you have problems with him, get evidence and complain or else he wont be banned again
Overall just annoying and has tantrums I had at 13.

February 06, 2014, 04:54:00 AM
ToxicDocter
Gold Member
February 2013
89 Posts

Overall just annoying and has tantrums I had at 13.
he really is
     Useful Useful x 1    (list)
February 06, 2014, 06:25:11 AM
Alien
Gold Member
GODLIKE
February 2013
1058 Posts
Guys, I dont want to be the guys that make everything about himself, but this is my unban appeal... Can we get on the suject here, me? Angel, get on me please.

Post Merge: February 06, 2014, 04:24:27 PM
I believe I have obtained enough support for my unban, Can one of the managers give his  inputs in here. Would be nice since I started this post a week ago.

Post Merge: February 06, 2014, 08:36:07 PM
I tried contacting KoD but he declined my Friend invitation and when I try to talking to Zero, he dosen't asnwer...

I want a serious discussion with either one of them, both would be preferable... I dont want to be ignored by both of them when its something serious.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:36:07 PM by Alienmen1.j2 »
     Dumb Dumb x 1    (list)
February 07, 2014, 07:25:28 AM
Hold the Door
Gold Member
October 2013
122 Posts
I say +1. When the "events" happened it was not because of him. It was a certain  group of people purposely making him made to get him banned. He did change and we need to unban him.

February 09, 2014, 12:08:35 PM
Alien
Gold Member
GODLIKE
February 2013
1058 Posts
Its been 1.5 week and no manager have expressed their thought... Would be nice if anyone would word in the mather.

February 09, 2014, 03:25:32 PM
The Wizard of Ass
Gold Member
Legendary
October 2013
833 Posts
Its been 1.5 week and no manager have expressed their thought... Would be nice if anyone would word in the mather.
I asked KoD about your appeal and he said he didn't care about your appeal because he won't unban you, I don't know about Zero but Zero obviously saw this appeal already and never replied so I'm just going to say it now that this appeal is probably going to be denied sorry ;-;

Post Merge: February 09, 2014, 03:28:52 PM
I asked KoD about your appeal and he said he didn't care about your appeal because he won't unban you, I don't know about Zero but Zero obviously saw this appeal already and never replied so I'm just going to say it now that this appeal is probably going to be denied sorry :/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:28:52 PM by The Wizard of Ass »

February 09, 2014, 03:29:17 PM
Alien
Gold Member
GODLIKE
February 2013
1058 Posts
That dosen't make sense, KoD said he would unban me if I had enough support from the community and I do.

and im going to try to contact Zero if possible

February 09, 2014, 03:32:50 PM
Will
Gold Member
ROBBY GOD TIER
May 2013
2017 Posts
Alien, make a poll, and then we will see if there is general consensus.

February 09, 2014, 04:11:12 PM
Alien
Gold Member
GODLIKE
February 2013
1058 Posts
Poll is done, but I strongly suspect people will troll it