Devolved's TTT server shut down around the beginning of 2016 because the codebase was unmanagable which resulted in less updates and lost interest.
Teamspeak was shut down on July 17th, 2016 because mistakes were made, caused by stupidity and bad mentality.
This website will always remain online in a read-only state as an archive for the memories within.
A more detailed statement about what happened plus a juicy new revalation will be given here, check back at a later date.
Mistakes were made while overwhelmed with stupidity. But promises will be kept and stupidity shall be defeated.
This was no mere "mistake", it was meant to happen. It follows Robby's timeline perfectly. It was fate.
In the Robbible, this is called the "Butthurt Era"; about 3 years A.D. (After assumed death of Robby, based on his disappearance and last post: June 7, 2013. Note: 'goodbye all' post states it wasn't by him)
The "Butthurt Era" takes place after the "Teamspeak Era" ended. The "Teamspeak Era" started about 2.5 years A.D. - after the "Jackool Era" ended.
The "Jackool Era" ended when Devolved TTT closed - causing the Devolved Universe to be overcome by darkness. But it failed to take Teamspeak or Jackool, their light was too strong.
This started the "Teamspeak Era" which formed a group of friends that seemed unbreakable. But the darkness sought to end it by consuming Jackool, and then use his control to shut it down.
So the darkness made plans to weaken Jackool. It used a screaming bird to move him out. It ADDED ALL the stress of moving and new responsibilities, ADDING MORE every day. Slowly weakening him.
On his weakest day, the darkness struck. It consumed Teamspeak by using Jackool's rage against his vulnerable, hurt butt - causing a big salty overreaction the friends could taste. Salt blocked all his light.
Only darkness left, it took over. Minutes later both Teamspeak and Jackool were gone, friends left confused. So began the "Butthurt Era". Some may consider this the most lonely era. Haters consider it the best.
The Robbible describes it as "an era caused by stupidity and weakness", but states "stupidity can be defeated" and "time is needed for the light to become strong again".
Current chronological order of eras: "Mythik Era", "John Era", "Robby Era", "Jackool Era", "Teamspeak Era", "Butthurt Era". Some believe in "Lil Quant Era", but it's non-canon.
The first 3 eras are known as the "Robby Days" (as seen in quests) because Robby oversaw them, before he disappeared which ended his own era. Assumed dead from a car accident.
Not to be confused with "the Robby Day", which is the day of his disappearance. That day the Robbible was found on his bed, guiding Jackool to create what Devolved became. Turning bread into crates.
All of this was part of Robby's plan. Jackool will prevail, and Robby's timeline will continue into the new era... Ending this dark, sad Butthurt Era.
The Robbible states the new era will be better than all eras prior to it. Happiness for people of the past and for new faces too.
A new era with new plans never discussed before. This story will never end... Devolved was just the first chapter.
~ Bobby (Son of Robby, Fellow Robbist, Follower of Robbism, Studier of the Robbible)
View all news posts
I've always thought rare crates were a bit too easy to open after acquiring them.
So I've added my solution to that - it's called Robbinium.
Robbinium will be not only used for rare crate keys, but also other crafting recipes/end game features.
Robbinium Ore is a resource that you can mine using a miner (miners explained below).
Robbinium Ore can be "smelted" into Robbinium Metal by combining an Activity Token with the Robbinium Ore.
Two Robbinium Metal result in a Robbinium Stack. Three Robbinium Stacks + One Metal Key will result in a Robby Key.
This update also allows you to split already-stacked Refined Metal via crafting, so that should make it a bit easier.
Miners are created by combining 3 regular Refined Metals together.
This will give you a usable miner item. When you use it, it'll spawn a miner in front of you. This miner will spawn Robbinium Ore every so often.
Some notes about the miner:
- Miners will stay for the entire map, and save inbetween rounds
- Miners are not solid with players, nor is the ore they create
- You can also pick up the Robbinium Ore while dead / spectating (just fly up and press E on it)
- No one else can pick up your Robbinium Ore
- No one can destroy or interact with your miner
- No one can pick up, destroy, or magneto your spawned ores
- The mining sound will get higher in pitch/speed the closer it is to spawning an ore
That's about it when it comes to miners. Now for the rest of the patch log.
- CSGO Crate #2 has been added to the drop list
- Added Miner, Robbinium Ore, Robbinium Metal, and Robby Keys
- Robby Keys will now be required to open further rare crates
- Re-added ttt_christmasrobby and the christmas presents as well.
- Added the Bug Report Token, which will have a use in the future. I will give this out for good, useful bug reports.
- Crates can now have multiple "least rare" items, and will pick one out of all of them. This is used between 2 jihads in the CSGO crate, and can help balance least common crate items
- Minimum players for rare crates reduced, as well as time inbetween
- Moved weapon inspection first person up a bit
- You will now see other people inspect their weapons when spectating in first person
- Fixed various inventory bugs after the overhaul (still more to go)
- Fixed confetti icon
- The M16 now uses rifle ammo instead of pistol
- Melon friend will now remove itself after a minute
> Added new limited crates: RedRocketRover Crate and Taunt Crate #2
> Jihad Crates will drop again for a very short time to get the other jihads out
> Haji Crate will now drop again until it's finished
> You can no longer attach multiple trains together. Sorry.
> Added the Redzepper questline
> Added new limited NPC spawning cades to scratch cards
> Added a new "Sort" button in the inventory to make your life easier
> Added notification when you die telling you who killed you/what role they were
> Added Suicide Pistol to the F1 > Round menu. Has a 1/4 chance of killing yourself, otherwise you drop it.
> Added a spraymesh menu to make things easier. Type !sprays in the chat.
> Added ability to deposit items into your web bank
> Finished hash and dank brownie. Put hash onto a joint for an uber-joint, eat a dank brownie to get a longer lasting high
> Adjusted SpecRP spawning code to make exploiting leaving/entering harder
> Fixed random C4 bug Mint reported
> Added the web lottery system
. Buy tickets here: http://devolved.us/lottery
The first one has 25k in it! The more tickets you buy, the better chance you have at winning, and it also raises the jackpot amount. More updates to this soon, including shoutbox support.
> Trading has been completely recoded
and is now drag and drop, easier to use, faster, and more secure. It's also somewhat themable.
This may not seem like a huge thing, but it took me numerous amounts of hours to finish :(
> A new itemtype
has been added: Crosshair
. Added Crosshair Crate #1
> The Redzepper Common Crate
has been added
> Every day that you hop on for at least 45+ minutes you'll receive an Activity Token
. These don't do anything yet, but they will. And they will be important.
> Adjusted "Sort Crates To Top/Bottom" to sort by crate number correctly
> Adjusted the +cades menu to display your Cade Favorites at the top
> Adjusted the AUG - it should no longer be horrible. Might need further adjustments.
> Adjusted trophies - when one is used, it can only kill the person who used it to prevent the RDM and trolling
> Fixed Haji Crate
not dropping (Sorry Haji ;_;)
> Fixed lvl 100+ cutting off on scoreboard
> Fixed Halo DMR ammo
> Added the new gangs system. Creating a gang cost $50,000 DevBucks, 15 keys, 10 gold bars, and 20 Activity Tokens.
Invite your friends, show the gang name above your head, do gang quests, and gain bonus XP when near your gang! View the new "Gangs" tab in F4 for more info.
This is only the beginning of the Gang system. Dungeoning system for gangs coming soon.
Have ideas for the gang system? Post in suggestions!
> Adjusted SpecRP nametags to be overhead. You must be near players to see their name
> Adjusted Activity Tokens to require 100 minutes in 1 day instead of 45
> Adjusted the weapon selection HUD in bottom right
> Added a decline button to trade requests
> Fixed various small bugs with the new trading
> Fixed trade lag when a lot of chat messages rendered
> The Stats tab on Devolved Player Pages has been finished
> Web Lottery: You can now host your own lotteries for a custom amount and ending date
You get 5% of the DevBucks for every ticket purchased when the Lottery is over
> Web Lottery: Display in the shoutbox when started, or when someone wins
READ THIS OR ELSE
THE NEW WEAPONS IN THIS UPDATE WILL NEED BALANCING. THEY MIGHT BE UNDERPOWERED OR OVERPOWERED.
DO NOT BITCH ABOUT THEM IN GAME, BITCH ABOUT IT ON THE FORUM INSTEAD.
IF YOU BITCH ABOUT IT IN GAME YOU CAN RECEIVE A 1 WEEK BAN.
Saying "this gun sucks" or "this gun is OP" is okay, but going any further than that or arguing could get you banned.
Use the forum instead.
NOW THE UPDATE LOG
NEW RARE CRATES THAT PEOPLE WAITED FOREVER FOR
- Main part of this update: Added 3 new rare, limited crates! More cool stuff coming soon.
- You can now craft hemp pounds (and back into singles)
- You can now craft pound of weed + pound of hemp for a pound of joints (and back into singles)
- Scratch card crates no longer drop because they are apparently not worth it.
- Fixed dropping of the Halo MA5B
- Fixed C4 defused stat giving XP in circumstances that it shouldn't (hotfixed yesterday, thrown in this update log)
- Allowed M16 to be overridden by TTT so you can have your high damage headshots (hotfixed yesterday, thrown in this update log)
- Fixed random medkit error Mint reported (hotfixed yesterday, thrown in this update log)
Expect another semi-big update in the next few days! Including quests, website updates, and a new feature - the first one requiring THE BIG BUCKS
- Added a new "!nominate mapname" for platinum members. You can only use this once per hour or so.
Only two nominations per map. The same map can't be nominated twice in a row.
Also, any maps starting with platinum_ (silly maps) will only last 2 to 3 rounds.
- Added icons to a bunch our weapons from http://steamcommunity.com/id/xnaut117 - you will see these when searching bodies etc.
- Added "Don't play TTS sounds when alt tabbed" to F1 settings menu
- Added "Don't automatically open the map vote" to F1 settings menu
- Raised market cap price to 100k DB/100 Keys/$100 Wallet Cash. Unlisting feature for managers will come in the next day or so.
- Added tiers: Melee Kills, Turrets Destroyed
- Added stats: C4 Defused (and XP), Deaths
- Fixed crafting order with deathmatch + low gravity
- Fixed merged fun rounds that weren't working correctly (I think)
- Fixed airboat not working
- Optimized some networking related stuff with the F4 menu
- Weed growing will now carry on after the rounds end but will not save when the map ends
- Disabled throwing grenades on a DM round
- Key crafting recipe reduced to 3 metal stacks (done yesterday, just threw it in this log)