I've always thought rare crates were a bit too easy to open after acquiring them.
So I've added my solution to that - it's called Robbinium.
Robbinium will be not only used for rare crate keys, but also other crafting recipes/end game features.
Robbinium Ore is a resource that you can mine using a miner (miners explained below).
Robbinium Ore can be "smelted" into Robbinium Metal by combining an Activity Token with the Robbinium Ore.
Two Robbinium Metal result in a Robbinium Stack. Three Robbinium Stacks + One Metal Key will result in a Robby Key.
This update also allows you to split already-stacked Refined Metal via crafting, so that should make it a bit easier.
Miners are created by combining 3 regular Refined Metals together.
This will give you a usable miner item. When you use it, it'll spawn a miner in front of you. This miner will spawn Robbinium Ore every so often.
Some notes about the miner:
- Miners will stay for the entire map, and save inbetween rounds
- Miners are not solid with players, nor is the ore they create
- You can also pick up the Robbinium Ore while dead / spectating (just fly up and press E on it)
- No one else can pick up your Robbinium Ore
- No one can destroy or interact with your miner
- No one can pick up, destroy, or magneto your spawned ores
- The mining sound will get higher in pitch/speed the closer it is to spawning an ore
That's about it when it comes to miners. Now for the rest of the patch log.
- CSGO Crate #2 has been added to the drop list
- Added Miner, Robbinium Ore, Robbinium Metal, and Robby Keys
- Robby Keys will now be required to open further rare crates
- Re-added ttt_christmasrobby and the christmas presents as well.
- Added the Bug Report Token, which will have a use in the future. I will give this out for good, useful bug reports.
- Crates can now have multiple "least rare" items, and will pick one out of all of them. This is used between 2 jihads in the CSGO crate, and can help balance least common crate items
- Minimum players for rare crates reduced, as well as time inbetween
- Moved weapon inspection first person up a bit
- You will now see other people inspect their weapons when spectating in first person
- Fixed various inventory bugs after the overhaul (still more to go)
- Fixed confetti icon
- The M16 now uses rifle ammo instead of pistol
- Melon friend will now remove itself after a minute